INTERVIEWING A POTENTIAL MANAGED PRINT PROVIDER
Managed print services provide businesses with solutions to improve their print environment, reducing costs and addressing inefficiencies. Companies both large and small typically see savings as high as 30%—a welcome relief when every penny counts. Recognizing your need for a managed print solution is the first part of the process; choosing a managed print provider is the second. Here’s how to tell whether the provider you’re considering will deliver the solutions you need.
BEGIN WITH AN ASSESSMENT
During an assessment, managed print providers take the pulse of your print environment, talking to employees, analyzing workflows, inventorying and determining the condition of your equipment, and looking for print security vulnerabilities. Some one-size-fits-all managed print solutions don’t include an assessment of your print environment and workflows. Since this evaluation is critical to implementing a solution that addresses your most frustrating pain points and cost overages, don’t move forward without it.
WHAT TO ASK
Any service provider worth your time and money will welcome questions about their services. The best-managed print providers want a thorough understanding of your pain points as well as your expectations so they can meet your needs. Here’s what to ask when interviewing a potential managed print service provider.
- What solutions do you offer to help us control print volumes and reduce costs?
- Can you monitor our equipment remotely and provide usage reports?
- How do you address the issue of print security?
- Do you provide solutions to reduce power consumption?
- Do you provide automatic supply deliveries?
- Do you have local technicians available to respond to issues?
- Can you help us meet our commitment to reduce our impact on the environment?
The right managed print solution will address the issues currently plaguing your print environment—even uncovering some new ones you didn’t know existed. Contact Abadan to start a Managed Print Services conversation today!