With each new office equipment acquisition, business leaders have a checklist of decisions to ponder. Your office equipment provider will be happy to guide you through each step of the decision-making process, and you may be surprised at the new technologies that have emerged since your last upgrade.
Here are a few tips for beginning your search.
- Do you need a network printer or a multifunction system?
- Do you need a printer that can handle higher volumes due to company growth?
- Is your current page-per-minute output fast enough?
- What new technologies are available to improve office productivity?
- How much is currently available in your budget for office equipment?
- Should you lease or buy?
Lease or Buy?
There are advantages to both leasing and buying your new laser printers and copiers. Let's take a quick look at each option.
Purchasing your equipment outright puts your company in control of the decisions you'll make throughout its useful service life.
- You decide how often to replace parts and when to perform routine maintenance.
- When it's time to upgrade, you can sell the office equipment or repurpose it to another department.
- You can decide whether to purchase a service agreement or forgo the option.
- On the downside, you may keep the device longer than you should, missing out on some new technologies.
Leasing office equipment has caught on among businesses large and small. Here's a look at the benefits.
- The office equipment provider will take on maintenance and repair responsibilities.
- You won't need to funnel operating capital into an equipment purchase.
- Uniform monthly payments and no large cash outlay makes budgeting less difficult.
- Upgrading a lease to acquire new features is often easier than purchasing.
- Lease payments may qualify as tax-deductible operating expenses.
Should you lease or buy your office equipment? Let us help you make the best choice! Contact us at Abadan for more in-depth information today!